Thursday, June 30, 2011

Riley is One!

When I was a kid, time couldn't go fast enough. There was always something that I couldn't wait for. I couldn't wait to be a year older, wiser, and more experienced. But, now that I'm older with kids, time goes way too fast. It seems like only yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with Riley. That 9 months went very fast and so has the last year. He is so big now! He is also the happiest child and is such fun. He always has a smile and it isn't hard to get him to giggle. Recently, he has learned how to give big hugs around my neck - complete with the "Aw" sound - and he also gives kisses. Those kisses are big, open-mouthed, slobbery kisses, but they are the best kisses. He opens his mouth and leans in. He likes kissing on the mouth and if you try to turn your head and offer your cheek, he grabs your face and turns it back so he can go at your mouth again. Silly boy. As much as I want him to stay small, it's so fun watching him grow and learn and see that cute little personality come out more every day.

Riley almost immediately after he was born. He was a big baby, but still so little!

And, here he is today! He is such a fun little boy and so loving. He is the light of our lives and he completes our little family perfectly.
Haha! I love this picture.

Anyways, for Riley's birthday, we didn't have a real party, but we did have Brady, Kensy, and Addi, and my mom come over for cake and to sing Happy Birthday. My mom made his cake and it was cute and so good! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it.

Riley loved his cake. He went nuts!

So proud of himself! And having so much fun making messes!

Mom and Riley

Dad and Riley. I don't know how, but I don't think we got a single picture with Jacoby in it that night. He's usually right up in front of the camera saying cheese, but I guess he was too engrossed in his own piece of cake.

Addi liked her cake too!

All done!

And then, my spoiled little boy got a second birthday celebration that weekend when Grandma and Grandpa Speer and Bobbi and Mattie and Dominic's college friend, Lewis and his girlfriend Carrie came to see us! So, he got a second cake and another round of '"Happy Birthday".

Haha! Grandma and Grandpa. They were playing with the kids.

The whole crew, minus the kids.

The second cake.

Mmmm...more cake! I think he liked Grandma Allen's chocolate one better though.

Grandpa getting Riley dressed after his cake clean-up bath. All in all, it was a great week and Riley had a great birthday. I'm just sad that my baby is growing up.

No comments: