Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kickball and the Fair

We enrolled Jacoby in kickball this year. It's for 3-4 year olds and it lasts for a month with a game every Tuesday and Thursday evening. We didn't have a practice before the first game, so we just showed up a little early and let Jacoby watch and kick the ball around with his coach and some of the other kids. He seemed to catch on really quick and was having a blast playing...until game time. Once the game actually started, he decided he was hot (it was 95° out in the full sun and his uniform was dark purple, so I don't blame him!), and he didn't want to play any more. Dominic got him to play for a minute and he kicked the ball, ran around the bases, and then that was it. Dominic tried to get him to play for the rest of the game while he cried, threw fits, and sat down and played in the dirt and made the players run around him. I was chasing Riley around trying to keep him out of trouble, so we didn't get many pictures. Hopefully, we do better the next game. Even though Jacoby didn't want to play, he hasn't stopped asking for kickball since, so we're optimistic he'll like it. It was just super hot!

Pardon my big butt in the way, but I wanted to post this picture to show the cute little field for the kids. The kids were adorable running around and playing!

The coaches were awesome and everybody was so patient.

Running around the bases.

I snapped this picture at the end of the game. Dominic and I traded kids and I was trying to get him to play some more, but he wasn't having it. He was pointing his finger at me saying no.

We also had our silly little fair happen at the beginning of August. We've taken Jacoby every year, but he's never been a big fan of the rides. This year, he was! It was finally fun for him.

I took them on the Carousel. We had to sit in the cart because I couldn't hold Riley and lift Jacoby up onto the horse. The horses were high and I was afraid that if I put Riley down, he'd instantly take off and fall off the edge of the carousel. So, we were boring and sat. Jacoby thought it was pretty cool though. Years past, he just cried.

He also rode this ride all by himself! He was in the very front and he had a blast. This was before the ride started and Dominic was telling him to raise his arms.

Riley in the stroller while Jacoby was on his ride.


We wandered around to all of the booths and Jacoby saw a display of sunglasses. He loves sunglasses lately, so Dominic let him pick out his own pair. Of course Jacoby chose the pink pair.

No comments: