Saturday, March 5, 2011

Swimming!

Spring Fever has officially set in. So, we decided to get out of the house and go swimming today! We went to Downata Hot Springs in Downey, ID. I was a little apprehensive about outdoor swimming in 50 degree March, but the water was so nice and warm. Riley absolutely loved it! We brought a little floaty and he just hung out in that and was happy as could be. When we finally got out, he was pink from his armpits to his feet. It wasn't cold. Jacoby just wanted to play on the pool ramp but when he got too cold, one of us would grab him and drag him into the water to warm back up. Afterwards, we had pizza in their little cafe. It was a fun day and we definitely have to do it again.

Daddy and Riley right when we first got in.

Jacoby being a chicken and only going up to his knees on the pool ramp...

I made him get in. He was hanging on for dear life.

Happy Riley! Check out those teeth!


They had these tubes that you could use and Dominic finally coaxed Jacoby into one.

Right before we left a family came with a little girl that was Jacoby's age. He finally started getting into the pool on his own and was having fun. Both of them got in the tube and Dominic was pulling them around and they were having a blast.

Here is a little video of Riley having fun in the pool.


On our way home, I saw a sign that said "Elk Farm, Turn Right to See Big Bulls!", so we turned right....


They were big!


I have to throw in these next 2 pictures just because. I took them last night. Riley chews and bites on everything and lately, he'll just hang out with stuff in his mouth. I remember Jacoby doing the exact same thing.


And one of both of them. Such cute kids we have.

3 comments:

tharker said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks so much for the sweet comment.

Your boys are so adorable! I didn't realize that you had another baby, I think when we met at Bear Lake your oldest was what...2? Anyway, they are darling boys!!

Lisa said...

Aw, thanks! I think that they're pretty cute too. I think Jacoby was about 2 in Bear Lake. I got pregnant shortly after that. I had Riley in June. Both boys are so much fun and they keep me busy!

Kimberlee said...

Downetta Hot Springs is a favorite hang-out of ours too. A fourth of July tradition is to camp at Downetta.