This year for Jacoby's birthday, Dominic's mom flew in to spend some time with us. She flew in the day before Jacoby's birthday and stayed with Bobbi that night. So, we got up and drove to SLC to pick her up and we went to Kangaroo Zoo to let Jacoby play and celebrate his birthday. Michelle and Porter met us there and Jacoby had a blast running around and playing! He loves that place! Porter wasn't quite sure what to think of it. We stayed for about an hour and half and then Riley got upset and wouldn't calm down and Porter was ready to leave, so we headed home. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures this time. Later that evening, we all headed to my moms house. She does a Halloween Party every year for the grandkids, and this year, it fell on Jacoby's birthday! It's always a lot of fun, and the kids love it. It was great that Jacoby got to celebrate his birthday with all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins too!
Grandma all dressed up and getting pizzas in the oven.
My mom made a cut out for us to take our pictures with! She's so talented when it comes to crafts and artwork.


I wish that I would have gotten more pictures of the other kids. My brother Greg's kids were dressed up and his 5 year old son Eric scared Jacoby. I think that's the first time in his life that he's really been afraid of something. Eric was dressed as a scary skeleton and I think he felt bad that he scared Jacoby.
Jacoby was dressed as an alligator, but he refused to wear the hat part most of the time. He loved this little witch that my mom had. He would push a button and she would light up and talk.
After dinner, my mom brought out an awesome birthday cake that she had made for Jacoby so we could all sing him Happy Birthday.
While we were singing Happy Birthday. He actually seemed to enjoy it this year. I think he liked being the center of attention.
He actually blew out his candles this year too! That was a first!
I think Grandma and Aunt Kensy were trying to talk him into taking a bite.
After the party, we headed back to our house where Bobbi and Mattie were waiting for us. We sang Happy Birthday to Jacoby again and let him open presents. He actually ripped them open this year! That is another first. He's never been really interested in opening his presents before. He got a Leap Frog Laptop, which he loves!
He also got a cool tricycle, which he also loves!
It was a great 3rd birthday for Jacoby!When Halloween falls on a Sunday, the state of Utah usually celebrates it on Saturday. So, the day after Jacoby's birthday was Utah's Halloween.
Dominic bought this hat for one of the adults to wear, but Bobbi put it on Riley. He looked so cute! We did have a small monkey jacket for him, but I didn't get any pictures of him wearing it.
Off to go trick-or-treating with Dad and Grandma Speer! He'd never been before and he was more interested in riding in the wagon than he was in the actual trick-or-treating.
It started to rain so Jacoby got a nice umbrella to keep him dry while grandma and daddy got all wet. Because of the rain and Jacoby's lack of interest, they only went to 3 houses. Later, Jacoby's friend, Porter, came up and they went out again. He did much better the second time and they went to 11 houses that time. he counted every house they got a treat from. Smart little stinker. It was a great Halloween weekend!And, one last picture. Jacoby started going to a new preschool this week. He is now going to River Heights Elementary Preschool. He now goes 4 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours a day.
I snapped this picture of him as we were leaving the house on his first day. He looks so grown-up! He loves school! I hope that he continues to love it as he gets older.
1 comment:
Fun post! I liked all the pictures and Jacoby looks SO grown up in that last picture!
Post a Comment