Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jacoby's Owie

Jacoby got his first goose-egg on his head this week. It's not really a milestone that I was waiting for, but I guess it had to happen at some point. I was in the shower and he fell, slipped, or tripped and hit his forehead right on the sharp edge of the doorjamb. Poor kid. It instantly turned blue and swelled up. Thankfully, he seemed to forget all about it within just a few minuted and the swelling went down that afternoon. However, I took him to get a haircut just 2 days later and I think we got him the worst haircut ever. We took him to a new place just for kids and he still freaked out and the poor girl was just shaking and butchered him. So, he's looked a little battered this last week with a huge bruise and a horrible haircut. He's still a happy boy though!

This was about an hour after he hit his head. Yes, he's chewing on the cord to the blinds. I think the kid is teething because he chews on EVERYTHING lately.

This is a few days later after his haircut. Pictures cannot show how bad his haircut really is. There are long pieces everywhere, it's uneven, and she didn't clean up his side burns or his neck at all. At least he doesn't realize that his hair looks like crap. Dom said to give it a week and we'll never be able to tell. I hope that's true.

Playing on the couch. His shirt is wet because he spilled while trying to drink water from a big cup.

He's discovered that he can climb up on the ledge in our basement. He's chewing on a teething toy.

Still chewing on his teething toy. I can't wait until his last molars come in so I don't have to wonder any more if he really is teething.

No comments: