Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blogging Hiatus (Beware, LONG Post!)

I know that I haven't updated my blog in quite a while, but I just haven't felt like it. It feels so tedious sometimes to download the pictures, then come up with a story and try to make it sound witty and fun. So, I just haven't done it. However, I guess the time has come where I need to try to catch up. I downloaded 109 pictures off the camera this morning from the last 6 weeks, so here is what we've been up to!

Jacoby and the Diaper

Jacoby is not one of those kids that doesn't keep their clothes on. In fact, he usually gets upset and begins to ask for whatever article of clothing is missing (pants and socks are the most common). He also refuses to take his diaper off, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, he has decided that it's fun to play with his bum. So, he sticks his fingers down the back of his (clean) diaper and kind of pulls on it. This has created a toddler "plumbers crack", which is adorable.






Easter

Easter was a pretty laid back day for us. We had Bobbi and Mattie come and stay with us, and it was a pretty relaxed day. We did make Jacoby an Easter basket and we put it outside of his door so it was the first thing that he would see when he came out of his room in the morning. I was up before he was and I heard him stirring, so I sat outside of his door with the camera so I could document his reaction. It was kind of anti-climatic. He opened the door and looked down and just reached in and started pulling things out. There wasn't even much of a smile, but I don't think he was quite awake yet. It wasn't until after we started letting him eat the M&M's in his eggs that we finally got him to smile! Sugar does wonders for kids.




Mmmmm...M&M's.

And finally, a smile!

Later, we all went to the small zoo here in town and let him feed the ducks and run around. We finished the afternoon with a traditional dinner of cheesy potatoes and ham. I even made home-made rolls to go with! Yum... It was a good day and we had a great time with Bobbi and Mattie!

Baby Animal Days

Every Spring, there is a 3 day event at a large "Living History Farm" called Baby Animal Days. It is a fun event that you can go and see all of the new spring babies and pet some of them. There are also small rodeo's, vendors selling balloons, toys and food, and games for the kids. They also had old fashioned horse-shoeing, sheep shearing, and wood carving displays where people were actually doing these things. It's really a lot of fun.

My friend Michelle and her son Porter came to town and went to Baby Animal Days with Jacoby and I. The kids only lasted about an hour, but we got to see and pet some cute little animals. Jacoby wasn't so much into touching the animals, but he liked to look. There were mostly goats and sheep to touch and pet. There were baby horses, cows, bunnies, pigs, chicks, and even baby bears, but most of these were for looking at only. There was also a ton of people and it was hard to fight our way close enough to many of these animals and Jacoby was just not interested enough to try. Here are just a few pictures of our day.

The baby bears were adorable, but we were unable to touch them. I really wanted to!

Porter was riding on the roping stand for the rodeo. Jacoby was obviously not interested...

Jacoby thought that the baby goats were "kitty's".

The bunnies held his attention for about 10 seconds and then he was off again.

These are baby pot-belly pigs that were for sale. They were cute as babies, but I'm not sure that I would ever want one when they're grown.

1 comment:

The Allen's said...

Yay! Im glad you wanted to post these! Fun fun few weeks!